Spring Cleaning Checklist
While spring cleaning traditionally involves more than just a quick vacuum and wiping down of the bathroom mirror, it also doesn’t have to be a month-long cleaning marathon.
Focusing on the basics—no matter which room you clean—will make your house sparkle without overwhelming you with chores. Print out the following checklist, grab a few cleaning essentials and say hello to spring!
- Vacuum carpeted floors, rugs, upholstered furniture and any ceiling corners that collect cobwebs.
- Sweep and mop non-carpeted floors.
- Clean windows, both sides if possible.
- Clean all mirrors.
- Wipe down air vents and light switches.
- Dust light fixtures.
- Wipe down fingerprints and smudges on walls.
- Empty closets and re-organize; only put back items you are using or know you will use again.
- Wipe down stair handrails.
- Turn mattresses.
- Remove everything from under the bed, then clean and sweep or vacuum. Organize and cull under-bed items and replace only what you’re keeping.
- Clean countertops, tub and shower, toilet.
- Empty medicine cabinet and wipe down shelves. Toss anything you don't need anymore.
- Clean stove – inside and out.
- Thorough refrigerator clean-out: Remove, wash and replace shelves. Toss any questionable food or anything you haven’t used in a while.
- Wipe down countertops and kitchen appliances, large and small. Everything from the dishwasher to the toaster will shine.
Living Room/Office/Utility Room
- Spot clean couches and chairs if needed.
- Dust desks and other surfaces.
- Wipe down washer and dryer (inside and outside). Remember to run your rag underneath, too.
- Clean dryer vent.