Vitacost Ginger Root Capsules 1100mg
What is Ginger Root?
Ginger is a thick, knotted underground stem (or rhizome) of the plant Zingiber officinale. Native to Asia, ginger has been used as both a spice and for its health-promoting properties for centuries.* It's believed to aid digestion and is often used to relieve nausea associated with motion sickness and pregnancy.*
The important active components of ginger are the volatile oils and pungent phenols such as gingerols and shogaols. These components have been shown in laboratories to have activities that support healthy inflammatory response in some human studies.*
Ginger also has a high oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC), which means it acts as a free radical scavenger and absorbs oxygen free radicals.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost Ginger Root?
- May relieve nausea during pregnancy, when used in divided doses.*
- Supports pregnancy-induced and postoperative nausea and vomiting.*
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
- Free radical scavenger.*
- A safe, natural way to help alleviate digestive discomfort while traveling.
- Delivers 1,100 mg of ginger per 2-capsule serving.
- Each bottle contains 180 servings.
- High quality, great value!
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.