5-Minute Candy-Covered Caramel Apples
This caramel apple recipe takes less than five minutes to create and turns leftover Halloween candy into a sophisticated topping.
- 4 apples
- 2 tablespoons milk or almond milk
- 1 bag Peanut M&M'S®
- 2 bags caramel candy
- 1 bag TWIX® Cookie Bars
- Dry apples and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate candies in a resealable plastic bag and then crush; pour the pieces into a bowl.
- Melt the caramel candies with the milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another minute.
- Place the skewers in the apples, then dip each apple into the caramel. Roll caramel-covered apples in the bowl of crushed candy.
- Place the apples in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- For added decadence, drizzle topping on apple before serving.
- Food safety tip: Avoid leaving caramel apples at room temperature for an extended period of time. Eat them as soon as they’re prepared, or refrigerate them immediately and consume within a day.