Crumbled bacon adds a salty and smokey flavor to pancakes. They're great when topped with syrup!
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 8 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Butter or cooking spray
- Original Pancake Syrup
- In a bowl stir together bacon, pancake mix and water until just combined.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat. Lightly butter or spray. Place ¼ cup scoops of batter in the pan. Cook 1-2 minutes until bubbles form and start to pop; flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes topped with additional butter if desired and pancake syrup.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Place a metal cooling rack on a baking sheet and keep in a 200° F oven. Transfer pancakes to this pan to keep warm while cooking the others. Bacon can be cooked and crumbled up to 3 days ahead of time to save prep time.
- Make it a meal: Serve with Breakfast Sausage Patties and Simply Hashbrowns prepared according to package directions.