The zesty-spicy basil and citrus simple syrup in this recipe can be used for wine spritzers or with seltzer as a mocktail!
Serves: 6Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 limes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Basil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Club soda, to serve
- Using a peeler, remove strips of peel from limes. In a medium pot, add lime peel, sugar and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil on high. Reduce heat and let mixture simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove 12 basil leaves from sprigs to reserve. Add remaining basil and lime juice to the simple syrup
- Let mixture cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or store up to 24 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove basil and lime peel from simple syrup.
- To serve, add ¼ cup simple syrup into glass. Top with 1¼ cups club soda or wine and garnish with basil leaves.