Better-for-You Green Bean Casserole
A lighter take on the classic holiday side. Frozen, cut green beans make prep time a breeze!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (10.5 oz.) Kroger® 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 packages (10 oz.) cut frozen green beans, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup French's® Crispy Fried Onions, crushed
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until onions are softened and mushrooms have released their liquid. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine the soup, milk, salt, pepper and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add the onion mixture and green beans; stir to combine. Transfer to an 11”x7” baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbling and heated through. Top evenly with fried onions and almonds; bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.