Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Shells
Try this hearty vegetarian baked pasta dish for dinner tonight.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour
- 1 jar (16 oz.) Alfredo sauce
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, thawed, chopped and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and spread a 1 cup of sauce in the bottom; set aside.
- In a bowl mix together, ricotta, cheese, broccoli, egg, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spoon cheese mixture into each shell and place in prepared pan. Drizzle shells with remaining sauce. Cover pan with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until bubble and shells are starting to brown. Refrigerate leftovers.