Carrot Cake Bunny Butt Pancakes
Just as the Easter bunny hides eggs, you can “hide” fresh fruits and veggies in your Easter breakfast with these tasty pancakes.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Private Selection™ Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup carrots, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dried currants
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups buckwheat or other whole grain pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Kroger® Nonstick Coconut Cooking Spray
- 2 whole bananas
- 32 blueberries
- 4 tablespoons whipped cream
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, avocado oil and vanilla extract together. Stir in the shredded carrots, ¼ cup grated coconut, currants and pineapple. Fold in the pancake mix and pie spice and mix until just moistened.
- Pre-heat pancake griddle to 350°F and spray with coconut oil spray. When griddle is hot, make 4 pancakes using ½ cup measuring cup, 4 pancakes using ¼ cup measuring cup, and 8 small pancakes using a heaping tablespoon. Cook pancakes until browned on one side and turn them to cook the other side.
- When pancakes are cooked through, arrange onto plates to form bunnies. Peel and cut each banana in half crosswise and then lengthwise to form the ears of the bunny and make the pads of the feet with the blueberries. Add a dollop of whipped cream or Greek yogurt for the tail and sprinkle with remaining grated coconut. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.