Cheesy Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with Spinach
Creamy and tangy...just the way we like our sweet potatoes! This side adds serious color and flavor to any meal.
Serves: 5Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 package (4 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Kroger Plain Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Parmesan, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet and poke each with a fork to release steam. Bake 50-60 minutes, until completely softened. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter and add the shallots; sauté until translucent. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Place mixture in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream cheese and greek yogurt to the spinach mixture. Stir to combine. Cut each sweet potato in half lengthwise and carefully spoon out the insides, leaving a thin layer to avoid breaking the skin. Place the insides with the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the potato skins, then place back on the baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, until crispy. Serve with fresh Parmesan and parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.