Chocolate Cheesecake Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin is the perfect complement to the sweetness of chocolate and frosting in this irresistible fall treat.
Serves: 9Prep: 20 minutesCook: 3 hours 25 minutesTotal: 3 hours 45 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cream cheese packages (8 oz. each), softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (from 15 oz. can; not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped topping
- Cinnamon sticks for decoration, if desired
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line an 8”x8”x2” baking pan with foil, leaving about 1” of paper hanging on the sides. Grease foil with cooking spray or butter; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter; mix well. Transfer to baking pan and press the crust mixture to the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add cream cheese and sugar. Mix until smooth. Beat in eggs and mix well. Spoon half of the mixture (approximately 1¾ cup) over the crust and spread evenly.
- Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract to the remaining mixture in large bowl. Spoon over cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Place baking pan in oven and bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave baking pan in oven with door closed for another hour. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cutting. Place on a cutting board, peel the sides of the foil, and cut into 3 rows by 3 rows. To serve, top bars with a dollop of whipped topping and decorate with a half cinnamon stick.