This rich, Mexican mole-inspired chili will add sweet and a little bit of heat to your next tailgate party!
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hours 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutes
- 1 pound Kroger Brand Ground Beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kroger Brand Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho chile
- 2 cans (10 oz. each) Kroger Brand Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 2 cans (15 oz. each ) Kroger Brand Black Beans, drained
- 1 cup Kroger Brand Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, onion, garlic, chili powder and ancho chile; add to large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until beef is cooked through.
- Transfer beef to 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients besides garnishes and stir well. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until thickened. Stir before serving. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.