Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats
Chocolate for breakfast? We say yes! This easy recipe travels well in a cooler for a camping trip, or it’s a hit for breakfast any day — especially when the weather is hot. It’s simple enough for older kids to make on their own.
Serves: 1Prep: 4 hours 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Coconut Milk Creamer (Original or Vanilla) mixed with 8 oz. warm water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Shredded coconut
- Dark chocolate
- Kids: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except coconut and dark chocolate, stirring until well-mixed. The mixture will have a liquid texture.
- Kids: Transfer to a serving bowl or jar, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Kids: Before serving, stir and top with additional coconut and dark chocolate.