Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes
Satisfy two cravings with one recipe! Melt-in-your-mouth chocolate-covered strawberries are a tasty topper for chocolate cupcakes.
Serves: 24Prep: 40 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- Prepare the chocolate cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into a paper-lined muffin tin. Bake according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on half power for 60 seconds, then continue at half power at 30 second increments, until the chocolate is completely melted. Prepare a plate with wax paper. Dip the strawberries one at a time into the chocolate, then lay on the prepared plate. Set in the refrigerator to harden.
- In a blender, puree the thawed strawberries. Yields about ¼ cup of pureed strawberries.
- To prepare the frosting, mix together the butter and powdered sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl. Beat in the pureed strawberries and mix until desired consistency.
- Spread frosting over the cooled cupcakes and top each cupcake with a chocolate covered strawberry.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.