These scratch pancakes come together quickly, especially because most of the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen! Top them with your favorite fruits, chocolate chips and syrups for an extra special morning meal.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Heat griddle to 350°F. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add milk, vanilla, egg and butter. Stir until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter onto griddle. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until top is bubbly and edges start to look dry.
- Carefully flip pancakes; continue cooking 2 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.