Fruit-Filled Waffles with Raspberry-Champagne Syrup
Wake up to tender buttermilk waffles studded with dried fruit. Look for berry combinations, including dried cherries, blueberries and cranberries, or make your own dried fruit combination by cutting fruits like dried apples and apricots into ¼” pieces.
Serves: 5Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cups Champagne, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups Kroger® Low Fat Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Kroger® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups Kroger® Red Raspberry Preserves
- In a 1½ cup microwavable bowl, microwave fruit bits and ½ cup Champagne on High 30 seconds. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Brush waffle maker with vegetable oil if necessary and heat waffle maker.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sugar with whisk or spoon 30 seconds or until well blended. Beat in butter, buttermilk, vanilla and reserved fruit mixture.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt just until combined (batter may be lumpy).
- For each waffle, pour batter onto center of hot waffle maker. Close lid of waffle maker. Bake 2-3 minutes or until waffles are golden brown. Carefully remove waffle to cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter. (See waffle maker instruction manual for amount of batter to use for each waffle.)
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat preserves over low heat, stirring to break up fruit, just until melted. Gradually stir in champagne with whisk or spoon until combined.