Home Chef Mexican Street Salad
Home Chef brings this delectable Mexican street food to your dinner table with a version that features an edible tortilla bowl filled with roasted corn kernels atop a salad of romaine, black beans and red onion, all tossed in a smoky, sour cream dressing.
Serves: 2Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon Sazón GOYA® seasoning
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 romaine heart, coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using foil, make two loosely-packed 5-6” balls. Lay tortilla over each ball and coat with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 11-13 minutes. Remove from oven; turn on broiler.
- On baking sheet, toss together corn, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Broil 3 minutes, toss corn and continue broiling another 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sour cream, red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, half the Sazón seasoning, black beans, romaine lettuce and shallot. Taste and add additional Sazón seasoning if necessary.
- In the tortilla bowl, scoop salad and top with roasted corn kernels and cheese.