Individual Heart-Shaped Cakes
These beautiful chocolate hearts are easy to put together and will be a special treat for friends and family. Start with your favorite flavor of cake mix and add a creamy ganache frosting. The ganache is so easy to make that even the kids can get in on the fun.
Serves: 12Prep: 35 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (16.5 oz.) Cake Mix
- 3⁄4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- Writing gel, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom of 15”x10”x1” jelly roll pan.
- Make cake as directed on back of cake mix package. Spread in pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cake pulls away from side of pan and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 1 hour.
- Using 3½” heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut cake into 12 hearts. Place cakes on large cooling rack over work surface lined with waxed paper.
- In 2-cup microwavable bowl, microwave cream on High 1-1½ minutes or until very hot but not boiling.
- Stir chocolate chips into cream. Let stand 1 minute. Whisk vigorously until melted and smooth.
- Pour 2 tablespoons chocolate mixture over top of each cake; spread to edge of cake with offset spatula or knife, allowing some chocolate mixture to drip over side of cake. Top with sprinkles or write a message with writing gel.
- Refrigerate cakes 30 minutes before serving, to allow chocolate mixture to set up.