Instant Pot® Honey Apple Pork Tenderloin
It might taste like it’s been slow-cooking all day, but this sweet and savory pork tenderloin meal is ready in less than an hour thanks to your Instant Pot®.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Simple Truth™ Gala Apples, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 sprigs rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Season pork with kosher salt. Set Instant Pot® to “Sauté” setting; allow to heat up.
- In Instant Pot®, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Sear pork on all sides until very brown. Remove and set aside. Then combine remaining vegetable oil, onions, garlic, salt and apple cider vinegar. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions begin to brown.
- Turn “Sauté” setting off. Stir in apples and chicken broth. Over apples, arrange 1 sprig rosemary and pork pieces.
- Cover; set pressure valve to “Sealing.” Using manual setting, set timer for 2 minutes. When done, turn pressure valve to “Venting” and release pressure quickly. Remove pork and apple mixture, leaving as much liquid behind as possible.
- Set to “Sauté” setting; add butter and flour, stirring to combine as butter melts. Stir in chicken broth, honey, 1 sprig rosemary, salt, paprika and cayenne. Let simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon zest. Remove.
- On platter, arrange apples and onions. Top with sliced pork and a few sprigs rosemary. To serve, pour sauce over pork.