Instant Pot® Pot Roast
Thanks to the Instant Pot®, you’ll never spend 4 hours preparing pot roast again. You can get a tender and juicy roast to the dinner table in half the time!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 50 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 pounds chuck roast
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups Kroger® Beef Broth with 50% Less Sodium
- 3 tablespoons Kroger® Tomato Paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger® Baby Carrots
- 1 bag (24 oz.) Private Selection™ Red Potatoes
- 1 packet Kroger® Onion Soup & Dip Mix
- Season beef chuck roast generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Set programmable pressure cooker to sauté setting and allow to preheat. Then, add vegetable oil.
- When hot, sear meat on all sides until very brown. Remove meat from cooker, set aside. Immediately add onions to cooker. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onions and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute. Add beef broth and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Turn off cooker.
- Add baby carrots and red potatoes to cooker. Place browned beef chuck roast on top of vegetables. Sprinkle onion soup mix all over the top.
- Cover cooker and set pressure valve to sealing. Cook on manual and set the timer for 90 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, allow pressure to release naturally or use quick release to vent steam. Turn off and unplug cooker before carefully removing the cover.
- Gently slice meat or use a fork to break into bite-sized pieces.