Irish Banger Skillet
Pair this one-pan dish with Irish soda bread for a hearty St. Patrick’s Day meal.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound Irish banger sausage (or any other sausage)
- 3 carrots, cut into thick chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 pound red skinned potatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, divided
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup Guinness®
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook sausages. Transfer cooked sausages to a plate and set aside.
- Add carrots and onions to the skillet and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cabbage; season with salt, pepper and thyme. Pour broth and beer over vegetables and simmer until vegetables begin to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Slice sausages and add back to the skillet. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Refrigerate leftovers.