Lighter Greek Salad
This lightened up version uses olive oil and lemon juice for the dressing. Add grilled chicken breast to make it a complete meal, or serve as a side dish with any protein.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, add lettuce, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, olives and feta. Gently toss to combine.
- In a salad shaker or Mason jar, add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.