Loaded Taco Cones
These loaded tacos are perfect for tailgating because they’re easy to eat without making a mess. The tortilla cones can be made ahead of time and the meat can be scooped in at your destination.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Place a tortilla on a microwave safe plate and spread ¼ cup of cheese on the perimeter of the tortilla. Microwave for 25-30 seconds until the cheese is melted. Roll the tortilla into a cone shape.
- Roll up a small amount of parchment paper and place in the cone to help keep it in a cone form. Sprinkle a small amount of cheese near the end of the tortilla, then microwave 25-30 seconds, until the cheese has melted, then fold the bottom up to the cheese. This secures the cone, so no juices leak out the bottom. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and onion over medium heat. Brown the ground beef and cook until the inside is no longer pink. Add the garlic, salsa, black beans, corn and taco seasoning. Cook until warmed through.
- Spoon beef mixture into the prepared cones and top with more cheese, cilantro and sour cream.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.