Maple-Honey Roasted Vegetables
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of vegetables. The maple syrup and honey adds an extra hint of flavor.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound thin carrots, peeled
- 8 ounces shallots, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 425°F. Halve lengthwise any carrots 1" thick or thicker. Place carrots and shallots in single layer on 15"x10" baking pan with sides; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Roast 10 minutes, shaking pan and turning once. Add asparagus; drizzle with remaining oil. Roast 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine syrup, honey, vinegar, butter and salt. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils; boil 2 minutes. Pour over roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with thyme.
- Refrigerate leftovers.