Matcha, a finely ground green tea powder, is found in traditional hot teas, lattes, baked goods and now as the primary flavor for this fun do-it-yourself soda.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 minutesCook: 3 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 32 ounces club soda, chilled
- Add water, sugar and matcha to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat, whisking to fully incorporate, until sugar is fully dissolved. Cool completely.
- Store syrup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- To make a soda, combine about ¼ cup matcha syrup with 8 ounces club soda.
- Serve over ice if desired.