This seaside-inspired edible art makes a great breakfast or snack. It’s a fun reason to use interesting tropical fruits!
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened, divided
- Food coloring
- 2 slices bread
- Kids: Add 1 tablespoon cream cheese to each of 3 small bowls.
- Kids: Add food coloring of your choice (blue and green are perfect ocean colors) 1 or 2 drops at a time to each bowl of cream cheese until you reach desired colors.
- Adults: Cut thin slices of fruit, if using. If you like, use small cookie cutters to stamp out shapes.
- Kids: Toast bread. Carefully transfer toast to plate and allow to cool slightly.
- Kids: Use butter knife to spread different colors of cream cheese in any patterns you like onto toast. Play around until you get your mermaid waves just right.
- Kids: Top with sprinkles and fruit (if using), and dig in!