Miso Mushroom and Kale Ziti
This super-umami bonanza blends together ziti, kale, sliced mushrooms and miso. Ready in under 30 minutes, this dish is sure to become a comfort food classic in your home.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces Private Selection™ Italian Ziti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) Private Selection™ Golden Oak Shiitake Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups kale, chopped and tightly packed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, combine 2 tablespoons oil and onion; cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; continue cooking 45 seconds. Add mushrooms, continue cooking until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper, black pepper, miso paste and vinegar until miso paste dissolves. Stir in kale, pasta and ½ cup reserved pasta water, adding more water if needed.
- Remove from heat; drizzle remaining two tablespoons oil over top.