Murray's Grilled Caesar Salad
Featuring a homemade dressing, grilled romaine lettuce and some seriously cheesy additions, this upgraded version of a classic Caesar salad is welcomed at any cookout.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 anchovies
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons Murray’s Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 2 ounces Whisps, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Preheat outdoor grill or grill pan over high heat.
- In blender, combine lemon juice, garlic, anchovies, mustard, egg yolk, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 tablespoon water; mix until smooth. Stream in oil to make an emulsion.
- With blender off, add grated cheese, black pepper and lemon zest. Mix briefly. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Set aside.
- Dress halved romaine heads with remaining oil and salt. Grill, cut side down, 2 to 3 minutes, until grill marks appear.
- To serve, spoon dressing over lettuce. Garnish with Whisps.