One-Pot Ranch Chicken and Rice
All you need is one pot and less than ten ingredients to make an easy, flavorful dinner that also makes a great lunch the next day – that is, if there are any leftovers to savor!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 packet (1 oz.) Ranch Mix
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In large skillet (with tight fitting lid) over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Brown chicken on at least 2 sides; remove from pan.
- Cook onion and pepper 2 to 4 minutes, until fragrant and onion is starting to turn translucent.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in ranch mix.
- Add rice and broth. Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 to 18 minutes, until rice is tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Stir in cheese and green onions.