Plant-Based Savory Oatmeal Bowls
Juicy roasted tomatoes, nutritious kale, fresh avocado and filling oats come together in this savory plant-based bowl.
Serves: 5Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 ounces Kroger Brand Grape Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Roast 10 to 12 minutes, or until bursting.
- Meanwhile, in skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, kale and ¼ teaspoons salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Squeeze in juice of lemon.
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring water to boil. Add oats, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until oats are tender. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- To serve, place oats in bowl. Top with tomatoes, kale and sliced avocado. Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.