Roasted Grape, Sweet Potato & Farro Salad
Get off to a healthy start in the new year with a salad packed with whole grains and colorful veggies. Roasted grapes give a hint of sweetness and pecans a satisfying crunch. Leftovers make an easy lunch the next day.
Serves: 12Prep: 35 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup farro
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into ¾” pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups grapes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection™ Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container (6 oz.) Kroger® Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Dried Apricots, snipped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat farro and 3 cups water to boiling. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer 30 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain and stir in ¼ teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Spray large rimmed baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes and grapes on baking pan. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through roasting, until sweet potatoes are tender and grapes are slightly shriveled.
- In a 2 cups, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, pumpkin pie spice, remaining ½ teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked farro, roasted sweet potatoes, roasted grapes and spinach. Stir in dressing, goat cheese, pecans, apricots and green onions until evenly mixed. Serve immediately.