Roasted Turkey Breast
Tender, succulent turkey breast is wonderful for a smaller holiday meal, but this recipe is also an excellent way to use leftovers. Remember, your thermometer is the simple secret to the perfect cook.
- 1 bone-in turkey breast, 6-7 pounds
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- fresh herbs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Place turkey breast, skin side up, on rack in small (14x10-inch) roasting pan. In a cup, combine salt, pepper and thyme; rub all over turkey breast. Brush with melted butter and cover turkey with a loose tent of foil.
- Roast turkey 15 minutes per pound. Meat will register 160° F on an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Let turkey rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing.