Rosemary-Cranberry Cornmeal Scones
Serving fresh, warm scones on New Year’s Day is bound to please family and friends. Make these flavorful scones with cornmeal for an enjoyable texture. Dried cranberries and fresh rosemary make a lovely combination of sweet and savory.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1/2 cups Kroger® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Kroger® Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into ½” pieces
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Premium Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Buttermilk
- 2 eggs, divided
- Coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, rosemary, baking soda and salt.
- With pastry blender or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries.
- In a small bowl, stir together buttermilk and 1 egg with fork or whisk until blended. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Gently roll dough in flour to coat. Knead 8 or 10 times. Divide dough in half. Roll or pat each half into 6” circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges.
- Place wedges 2” apart on large ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining egg with fork until well mixed. Brush egg over scones. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Serve warm.