Slow Cooker Chicken Potpie Soup
There’s nothing tastier than a hearty bowl of soup on a chilly fall evening! Crispy pieces of puff pastry are delicious dippers for this creamy meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Simple Truth™ Boneless & Skinless Natural Chicken Thighs, cut into 1” pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cut into 8 pieces
- Mix flour, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat; set aside.
- Add broth and cream to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Place meat and any loose flour mix into liquid. Top with potatoes, carrots and onions. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours until potatoes are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F.
- Stir in peas and herbs; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place puff pastry pieces on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve soup with puff pastry.
- Refrigerate leftover soup. Store puff pastry in an airtight container at room temperature.