Slow Cooker Chocolate Bread Pudding with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
Indulgent swirls of chocolate and caramel sauce will have you savoring every bite of this bread pudding.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (17.6 oz.) brioche bread, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 cup Private Selection™ Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 2 1/2 cups half & half
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Spray a 5-quart or larger slow cooker insert with nonstick spray. Add bread cubes and chocolate chunks.
- In a bowl, whisk together half & half, eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Pour the half & half mixture over the bread and chocolate; toss to coat.
- Cover and cook on low, 3-4 hours or until center springs back when touched and custard is set in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat caramel sauce over low heat; whisk in bourbon.
- To serve, spoon bread pudding into serving dishes, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.