For an extra-tender entrée, smoke a brisket low and slow in your backyard.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 6 hoursTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 (2 ½-3 lb.) beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Mesquite wood chips
- Apple wood chips
- Hickory wood chips
- Mix all ingredients except wood chips in a bowl. Rub the mixture onto the brisket.
- Set the electric smoker according to manufacturer’s instructions to 225°F.
- Place the brisket on the lower rack. Close the door and cook 6-8 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 200-205°F and the meat is tender.
- Cover the meat in foil and let rest about 1 hour.
- Slice against the grain.