Smokin’ Hot Berry and Pomegranate Margaritas
These cocktails get their heat from the Fresno chili pepper. For less heat, add the chili after shaking, or use as a garnish only. Mezcal lovers may want to increase the ratio of mezcal to tequila, too.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (16 oz.) Private Selection™ Triple Berry Medley, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- Lime wedge
- Coarse salt
- 1 Fresno chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3⁄4 ounce agave nectar
- 1⁄2 ounce mezcal
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec
- In blender container, blend berry medley, water and juice until no chunks remain. Strain through mesh sieve.
- If necessary, add additional water to measure 2 cups. Cover berry syrup and refrigerate until ready to use or up to 5 days.
- For each margarita, rub rim of 8-ounce glass with lime wedge. Dip rim of glass in coarse salt. Fill glass with ice.
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 2 slices chili pepper, 1 ounce berry syrup and remaining ingredients.
- Cover tightly and shake well. Strain into ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with remaining chili pepper slices.