Swedish Open-Faced Shrimp Sandwiches
These classic Swedish sandwiches, called räksmörgås, are piled high with cooked shrimp, fresh vegetables and finished with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, divided and half chopped
- 1 lemon, divided
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen salad shrimp, thawed and patted dry
- 12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon chopped dill and 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice. Spread a thin layer of the mixture on the bread.
- Arrange lettuce, cucumbers and eggs on top of the bread, followed by a handful of shrimp and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs.
- Refrigerate leftovers.