Vegetarian Mushroom Stuffing
This stuffing recipe doesn’t miss a beat...even without the meat! We use 3 varieties of mushrooms for tasty texture and loads of flavor.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 18 ounces ciabatta rolls, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the bread in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter, Baby Bella mushrooms, white button mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, celery, onions and cranberries. Cook until browned and tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, remove from heat. Stir in thyme, parsley, salt and pepper. Add to the bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegetable stock and eggs. Drizzle egg mixture over the bread mixture and gently fold to combine. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes, until browned. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.